Sunday, October 29, 2006

About the new yarns!
Hello everyone. I've had several inquiries about the new yarns. You might want to bookmark this page, because I DO have a bunch of it coming! The first batch is 50/50 23micron merino cross and angora in white This wool is fabulous, and I prefer it to straight merino. It has a sumptuous loft to it and even spun alone it feels more like cashmere than merino, but combined with angora, it is to die for! This is to be spun at 3,000 yards per lb, making it suitable for the standard gauge knitting machine. But if you want to handknit this yummy stuff, just run it double and it will be fingering weight.

The second batch is 5 lbs of 35%Shetland lamb/35% alpaca/30% angora. All the animals were naturally colored fawns. I'm sorry, but I don't think I could be persuaded to sell any of this stuff! It will be 3,000 yds per lb too.

The last 3 batches are more suited to hand knitting. It is fingering/sport weight (about 1,200 yds/lbs). The firstone is 70%creamy colored Shetland lamb/30% angora. This will be creamy in color. The rest will be 70% of the same yummy white merino cross first mentioned and 30% angora, in the same gauge, more suitable for hand knitting. Again, these sheep were extremely white in their natural condition. Not bleached, just naturally white beautiful stuff in 23 micron.

I also have rovings coming back, 70% Shetland/30% angora in creamy white, brown/white brindle, and natural gray. I also have 5 lbs of gorgeous Shetland lamb in natural black coming back as a batt for felt. This lamb had NO BLEACHED ends, so thie batt will be pure black, not grizzled gray, and no reddish/black cast to it from the bleached ends. The lamb must have been hot natured and spent all her time in the barn, because she obviously was not in the sun. Plus she was large, the fleece was almost 6 lbs. But still a fine micron. I will be using about 1/2 of this myself, but the other half will be up for grabs.

Email me indystitch if you have any interst in any of these, or want prices. The fine knitting machine yarn will be on cones and lightly oiled for knitting machine purposes. The others will be in 8 oz dye skeins, but I can skein off smaller amounts for anyone that needs it. It will be priced by the ounce.

Note: All the 85% angora/15% merino yarn in sport/fingering weight is gone now. I probably will not be getting more of it in, because it did not work out well for my knitting machines. It was a beautifully constructed yarn, but just not appropriate for my purposes. If you are interested in more of this yarn, check out the IAGARB pages at IAGARB I know there is a new run of it in the mill right now and it takes about 3 mo. to get it back.

Happy fibering!
Donna

No comments: