Friday, April 03, 2009

At Long Last!
My website is back up again. It was a long 3 weeks, in which I lost some of my SEO standings, but I'm sure it will come back up again soon. I also don't have to try to post from the laptop. The keyboard was weird and I made all kinds of typos, and the screensize was small enough that I couldn't tell! Anyway, give me some feedback. If you can reach http://www.germanangora.net/, let me hear from you!

Factoid: Almost all breeders shear their rabbits now instead of pluck.
  • 1. It is easier
  • 2. It is more kind to the animal
  • 3. The length tends to become more even, fewer shorts just coming in again from the plucking
  • 4. It makes more halo to the yarn!
  • 5. Plucking reduces the density over time. The guard hair becomes stiffer, and the down diminishes, so the ratio of guard to down gets larger, but overall less fiber

Cheers, Donna

No comments: